Necklaces are a fabulous addition to any clothing ensemble. At Janus Jewels we can make the perfect necklace for any style or occasion. From the simple everyday chain, to an intricate and stylish piece meant for royalty, Janus can craft the perfect piece for you!
At Janus Jewels, we take pride in the design and craftsmanship of all of our beautiful necklaces. We start by creating a unique design that fits each customer’s individual style and personality using a wax cast of the design and then we begin the process of crafting the ring. Using your choice of high quality gold or silver, as well as many different options for gemstones, Janus will craft a unique and personal design that we’re certain you’ll love!
Types of Necklaces
There are many variations of necklaces that we can craft at Janus. Take a look at the style guide below to see a few of the different kinds of necklaces that are available:
- At one time, the term collar was used to describe all necklaces. In modern times, a collar necklace is not to be confused with a choker necklace. Collar necklaces sit flush against the skin and rest directly above the collarbone. Contemporary collar necklaces are thick and look similar to a collar on a shirt.
- Choker necklaces are made from a variety of materials. Velvet, gold, and ribbon were common options during the Victorian era. These neck-huggers have come back into style the past few runway seasons with designers paying tribute to designs from yesteryear.
- A lariat is a very, very long variation on the rope, without a clasp, often worn draped multiple times around the neck; the ends can be crossed over, looped, or knotted in various ways. This type of necklace sometimes incorporates a loop at one or both ends to allow it to be worn in the style of a lasso, or it may be worn doubled over with the ends passed through the loop formed in the middle.
- Princess necklaces are defined either by their length or style. The length is longer than a choker but shorter than a matinee necklace. The 18-inch length is thought to be the most universal and flattering length. Any pendant or focal piece will usually rest right below the collar bones. Princess style necklaces look much like you might expect. They are encrusted with glistening rhinestones and have fanciful shapes usually with one central drop.
- Matinee necklaces are great for jewelry layering because they are longer than princess length and shorter than opera length. These necklaces will fall somewhere between the collarbone and the center of the bust.
- Opera length necklaces are long and versatile. When they are worn as a single strand, the necklace should fall below the bust line. Some longer opera length necklaces may even reach the bellybutton.
Our Master Jeweler is trained to create and repair beautiful pieces in gold, silver, and platinum.
At Janus Jewels, our necklaces are of the finest quality and designs! Get your custom masterpiece from Janus Jewels today!